During halftime of the January 27th men’s basketball game between NC State and Georgia Tech, 279 scholar athletes were recognized for their ability to balance playbooks and textbooks in the fall.
The Academic Support Program for Student Athletes is excited to announce that among these student athletes,142 made the Dean’s List and 25 had a perfect 4.0 semester GPA. In addition, there are four ACC Postgraduate Honorary and Scholarship award nominees. NC State has the honor of leading the ACC in ACC Postgraduate Award winners.
In order for a student athlete to be honored as one of our “Top Ten” they must have been enrolled full time at NC State for at least 5 semesters and have one of the ten highest total GPAs among all the student athletes. This year’s top ten scholar athletes are:
- Caroline Gentry, women’s soccer, majoring in Applied Nutrition with a 3.894 GPA
- Andrew Knizner, men’s baseball, majoring in Industrial Engineering with a 3.98 GPA
- Kaitlyn Kramer, women’s cross country and track, dual majoring in Chemical Engineering and Textile Engineering with a 4.0 GPA
- Mikayla Raleigh, cheerleading, majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Spanish with a 4.0 GPA
- Amber Whitley, women’s cross country and track, double majoring in Human Biology and Psychology with a 4.0 GPA
- Ryan Wilkinson, men’s swimming and diving, majoring in Business Administration with a 3.864 GPA
- Taylor Zaytoun, women’s tennis, majoring in Fashion and Textile Management with a 4.0 GPA
- Alexia Zevnik, women’s swimming and diving, double majoring in Business Administration and Human Biology with a 3.866 GPA
- Chase Cannon, men’s basketball, working on his Master’s in Business Administration with a 4.0 GPA
- Ashley Williams, women’s basketball, majoring in Industrial Engineering with a 3.922 GPA