The ASPSA Graduation Breakfast was held at Vaughn Towers prior to the university celebration at PNC Arena. Family, friends, coaches, and support staff all came together to celebrate the 28 student-athletes who graduated in the fall 2019 semester.
This was a very impressive group of student-athletes, both athletically and academically. A few highlights include:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Former student-athletes returning to finish their degrees
- ACC Champions
- NCAA Champions
- Professional athletes and athletes who plan to pursue their sport at the professional level
- Olympians and several aspiring for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Academic All-Americans
- A Valedictorian (in major)
- Summa Cum Laude distinctions
- Student leaders who have initiated campus movements about critical social issues
- Students going on to graduate school
- Students who finished their degrees with a cumulative GPA of 4.0
Vinnie Durand, men’s soccer, and Tziarra King, women’s soccer, emceed the event. Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan and Assistant Dean & Associate Athletic Director of ASPSA Katie Graham both congratulated the student-athletes and reminded them they will always be part of the Wolfpack family.
Men’s swimming and diving student-athlete Andreas Vazaios gave the student reflection. As an international transfer student, he reflected on the challenges he faced, as well as all student-athletes face, in balancing sport and academics. He expressed that even though he was miles from home, he never felt homesick because of the family he gained in his teammates, coaches and support staff.
Congratulations to the Class of 2019!