106 Student-Athletes Recognized at ASPSA Graduation Breakfast
On Saturday, May 11th, 106 student-athletes were recognized at the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes Graduation Breakfast. Family, friends, coaches, and support personnel were all there to celebrate their accomplishments.
The class of 2019 is an impressive group of student-athletes including:
- ACC champions and NCAA national champions
- Professional athletes
- Olympians and several aspiring for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- Academic All-Americans
- Students graduating with the Summa Cum Laude distinction
- Student leaders who launched new campus organizations during their time at NC State
- Students who have already received job offers from Fortune 500 companies across the country or startup companies here in the Raleigh area
- An aspiring Navy Seal
- Students going on to physical therapy school, medical school, and other graduate programs
- Multiple students who finished their degrees with a cumulative 4.0 GPA
Maggie Tamburo from gymnastics and Hennessey Stuart from men’s swimming and diving were the emcees, while Grant Rivers from men’s track and cross country gave the student-athlete reflection. Rivers challenged the graduates to “try everything, fail at everything, cut the safety nets down. Wake up tomorrow and spend the rest of your life making sure your time at State was nothing more than grooming you for the next journey.”
Congratulations #NCState19! You will always be members of the Wolfpack Family!